Over at street smart finance they had an interesting article called “4 Finance Lessons For My College Aged Daughters” While I don’t have any daughters college age or otherwise, I still think that he had good points
- Learn to make a simple budget
- I use Mint.com to keep track of my budget. Really easy and automatically syncs with your bank accounts.
- Not that complicated of a concept but americans can’t seem to figure it out. I would recommend not even having a credit card.
- Trust me your car will break down some time and you will have to fix it. It is good to have money saved up so that you don’t go into debt which you have to pay back with interest.
- You would rather have the interest working for toward your retirement.
- Might as well pay them on time so that you don’t have to pay them and late fees
The notes under each of them are mine I recommend clicking through to their article to read their reasons
Originally posted on my old blog SimpleLike.me (Note:old domain may now be offline)